Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Politics and Pear Trees

Walking the streets of Prospect Heights today, Andy and I learned some things about growing fruit trees. Patrick chatted with us about life and careers and kids from atop his tall ladder while picking cherries from his tree. The fruit was delicious. I remember his kids from the years when I organized and ran the District 23 Showcase at Prospect Heights Summerfest. It was good to hear about their successes and also get some tips for growing pear trees.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh and the most wonderful Cherry Tree full of the sweet cherries! Yes I tasted them and I want to go back for more. Door to door brings new surprizes from the hood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you kids going to plant a Peartree? M and I are considering putting one in the back yard...

    ReplyDelete