Thursday, June 24, 2010

Alex on Board

Young voters are adding a meaningful and exciting dimension to this campaign. Some I'm meeting for the first time; others I've known for quite a few years. Carl showed an interest last summer and volunteered to get signatures on my petitions. He worked the crowd at the Buffalo Grove Labor Day parade and came to the petition party at my house to get his sheets notarized. Laurie also went door-to-door to spread the word and get petition signatures. Jenny is an extremely capable spokesperson and has offered to make appearances on my behalf. Amy and Anthony have brainstormed with me and showed their support in so many important ways including coming to my fundraiser. And, Bill, my "Secretary of Awesomeness" upped my e-mail contacts by 30 percent. Amanda has done a great job of calling attention to my passion for education. My three daughters are lending their individual talents to the cause in addition to coming to town to march in two parades with me. Laramie and Dana are bringing the fun to my next fundraiser. And last night, my neighbor Alex stepped up to join me on the campaign trail. I am so grateful for their help, enthusiasm, and ideas. That's what I call NEW ENERGY!

No comments:

Post a Comment